The PBF Volleybal matches are played in accordance with the NeVoBo rules. On top of the NeVoBo rules some PBF Volleybal rules apply:
Start of the match
- Early matches, in schedule indicated at 18:30, shall begin no later than 18:45 (start time). Starting the match sooner is recommended, so there remains enough time to finish three sets.
- Late matches, in schedule indicated at 19:45, shall begin no later than 20:00 (start time). Starting the match sooner is recommended, so there remains enough time to finish three sets.
- If the referee is not present on the start time the the team to which the team belongs loses one point.
- If a team is not present with at least four players from their own team at the start time, then this team has lost the match and all points go to the other team.
- If both teams at the start time are not with a minimum of 4 players from their own team, no points are assigned.
- If a team has fewer than six players, but at least four, then it is allowed to have one or two guest player(s) from another team where:
- If there is a difference of two players and there is 1 guest player, no consent of opponent is needed.
- If there is a difference of two players and there are 2 guest players, the opponent must give permission.
- If there is a difference of one player only 1 guest player is allowed, with the consent of the opponent.
- It is possible to move a match, if both teams agree, and if the match can be scheduled within the period in which the round is played.
During the match
- Crossing the center line with the foot is not allowed.
- Touching the opponent's play area with any part of the body is not allowed.
- The use of substitutes of their own team is unlimited.
- Each team has a maximum of two time-outs per set.
- There are no time-outs possible in the last five minutes of official playing time.
- At PBF we don't allow a libero.
- The net height is 235cm.
End of the match
- A match consists of three sets.
- For early matches the end time is 19:45, for late matches the end time is 21:00.
- The match is over when three sets are played or when the end time is reached, as indicated by the referee.
- The team that wins a set gets 2 game points.
- If a set is not played no game points are awarded.
- If a set ends with equal points then each team gets 1 game point.